DAKOTA Peat Application Rates
Golf course construction, root zone, golf course top dressing, greens and tees:
- 90% sand | 10% DAKOTA Peat
Turf maintenance, top dressing:
- 1/16 to1/8 inch layer spread on turf or lawn.
- Water well. Repeat next year if needed.
Turf re-establishment problem spots:
- 1/6 to 1/4 inch layer spread on turf or lawn.
- Rake lightly. Water well. Repeat next year if needed.
Soil mixes, potting soil:
- 1/3 DAKOTA Peat | 2/3 mulch, perlite or soil.
- 1 inch layer worked into soil.
- Seed then spread 1/8 inch layer of DAKOTA Peat and rake into soil.
- 20% DAKOTA Peat | 80% soil mix and backfill the hole.
Garden vegetables and flowers:
- 1/2 to 1 inch layer worked into soil before planting.
- Sidedress plants with 1/4 inch layer.
Established plants and flowers:
- Sidedress with DAKOTA Peat 1/4 to 1/2 inch layer.
Water conservation has reduced irrigation by up to 60% lawns:
- 1/8 to 1/4 inch layer spread on lawn. Water well first time.
- Spread 1/4 inch layer after planting.
- Remove 4 inches of soil out of dripline of tree.
- Put 2 inches DAKOTA Peat in that area and cover with soil.
- OR, Sidedress with 1 inch layer of DAKOTA Peat.
- 1 inch layer -- 30 square feet
- 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch layer -- 60 to 120 square feet
- 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch layer -- 120 to 240 square feet
Directions, uses and applications were determined by testing laboratories and professional
users. When used according to instruction, this product will perform effectively.
Note: The bag containing DAKOTA Peat is constructed of 5 ml plastic (heavier than industry
requirements) to help reduce breakage problems.
STORE IN DRY AREA -- KEEP COVERED